Camp and Ely Area ActivitiesInformation about YMCA Family Camp coming soon!
The Ely area is famous for its natural attractions and activities and Camp Northern Lights is your perfect destination! Our location is ideal as you set out to fulfill everything on your vacation (or bucket) list! It's actually not at all uncommon for our guests to settle in here and spend most (if not all) of their visit right here at camp. We're open all year long!
- Bird Watching (and feeding!)
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Our night skies and the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis
- International Wolf Center
- North American Bear Center
- Dorothy Molter Museum
- Soudan Underground Mine
- Bear Head Lake State Park
- Family Gatherings....Around the Dinner Table
- Hiking (Try Bass Lake or Kawishiwi Falls Your First Time Here)
- Swimming at the Beach
- Blueberry Arts Festival (July)
- Harvest Moon Festival (September)
- Winter Festival (February)
- Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
- Dog Sledding (This is the Sled Dog Capital!)
- Tuesday Night Live--Downtown Ely (Warm Weather Months)
- Local Farmer's Market (Warm Weather Months)
- Fishing (All Year Long of Course!)
- View the Northern Lights or Nature's Fireworks (Shooting Stars!)
- Shopping and Dining in Ely
- Hegman Lake Pictographs
- Berry Picking (Blueberries, June Berries and Raspberries)
- Wildlife Sightings (moose, bear, wolves, loons and more)
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Sun Rises and Sunsets
Favorite family memories are often associated with food--often recipes that you may only make once a year. Gather the family around the table and sample our favorite resort recipes. Visit us on Pinterest and check out our Fresh From the Oven!, What's Cooking! and Beverages and More! boards for even more great recipes. Meal planning should be quick and easy so that everyone has the best vacation possible! All of these recipes have been selected with that in mind.
We're So Very Kid Friendly!
We believe that a key element of any enjoyable family vacation is often as simple as keeping the kids entertained and creating special moments with them! We host a variety of inclusive seasonal activities sure to entertain all ages:
- New Craft Activity Each Summer
- Seasonal Scavenger Hunt
- Movie and Popcorn Night
- Legacy Arrow Painting
- Marlowe's Rock Garden
- Canoes and Kayaks
- Pedal Boats
- Awesome Ice Cream Social
- Volleyball and Badminton
- Chalkboard Art Easel
- Ladder Golf
- Ring Toss and Washer Toss
- Swimming Beach with Raft
- Outdoor Ping Pong
- MEGA Connect 4 Game
- Swing Set and Sandboxes
- Beach Toys Provided!
- Two Playhouses
- And so much more . . .
Need more information? Why choose YMCA Camp Northern Lights?